Hurricane Irene has come and gone but she did leave a mark in Northern Virginia. My townhouse survived without any damage, thank goodness. However my neighbor across the street was not so lucky as their tree fell on their car.
I spent the afternoon at my friend Mary Deane's at her hurricane party. It was an obstacle course getting there between trees down across the road and live lines down across the road. Turnes out her neighborhood got hit big time! The house next door to hers was recently sold and a young couple with a baby has been remodeling and filling it with furniture. They were scheduled to move in tomorrow. Well a very large tree fell right into what would have been their bedroom and literally cut the bed in half. The house has been condemned and is inhabitable. Look at this....
This shows lust how tall the tree was - covering the front yard!
Oh I'm so dissappointed that I didn't know you were in Virginia. I thought you were still on Martha's Vineyard. I guess that's what I get for staying away from the 100% board for so long :(
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to see so much destruction, but I'm happy that you're ok.
Hugs & love,
Mimi
How fortunate no one was hurt---that was quite a tree!
ReplyDeleteOmg thank God they hadn't moved in yet.. sorry for their loss of the house but it could have been sooooo much worse.
ReplyDeleteWe keep saying material "things" can be replaced - some things can't. Count your blessings. I sure am