Sunday, April 29, 2012

Auto Train

I saved 900 miles of driving, gasoline and wear and tear on my car and brought it with me on the train! I had a stress-free journey by rail, skipping the traffic congestion on I-95. I read a book, worked on crossword puzzles and met some interesting people. Great way to travel and I'll be doing this again for sure! There were about 500 people on the train and over 300 cars - the train was over 3/4 mile long with 30 train cars filled with cars and one motorcycle! Our route north. Our trip started in Sanford, Florida just north of Orlando and 17 hours later we arrived in Lorton Va, about 10 minutes drive to Alexandria!
Sanford Station
A peek inside a loaded car train
Staging area for car loading
People loading! Double deckers cars.
The sun rising somewhere around the North Carolina/Virginia border
My car arrives in Lorton!

1 comment: