What is this you ask? Well, as many of you know I have been collecting wine corks since forever and while they are small and lightweight and don't really take up much space, they do add up. So what to do with them? My dear friend Rog makes wonderful cork boards for everyone and while we all love them, I am sure he is sick of making them! Combine this with my love for playing darts. I played darts for years when I was living overseas. I played on a dart league with other Americans, some Brits (of course), Canadians and South African friends. I even had a dart board hanging behind my desk when I was assigned to the consulate in Lubumbashi. My colleagues would announce that it was break time and a dart game began. As the darts flew over my head, I really had no choice but to join in!
With no place in the house to hang my dart board, I made this huge cork board which is now hung at the proper height on the grape arbor. I'm pretty excited about it and enjoyed throwing a few as soon as it was hung! Now I'll have a chance to brush up before heading to the UK this fall. Can't let this Yankee embarrass the USA in the pubs!

No comments:
Post a Comment