My nephew and I had a special day yesterday. He only had a half day of school so I took him downtown for a tour of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing. We had such a fun time. It was a very cold sunny day but there were few tourists on the Mall (highly unusual!) We saw millions of dollars being printed during our tour. The tour featured the various steps of currency production, beginning with large, blank sheets of paper, and ending with wallet-ready bills! They would not let us take pictures during the tour (for obvious reasons) but I did get a few at the beginning and at the end in display rooms!
a $5,000 bill! They don't make these anymore. The largest bill they make is $100. They stopped making bigger bills in 1969.

The glass tube on the left is filled with shredded $100 bills and based on his height he is worth over $1 Million! I could have told you that!!!!

Sheets of money before being cut and wallet ready!

A gorgeous view of the Washington Monument on our walk back to the car!
No comments:
Post a Comment